How to clean and disinfect our touchscreens
Now, more than ever, it’s crucial to ensure that you’re disinfecting and cleaning surfaces to protect yourself, your coworkers, and your loved ones. However, it’s important to understand and know the best way to disinfect or clean in a way that’s safe and won’t harm the hardware. Please read the following before cleaning and/or disinfecting a Mimo Monitors display or tablet:
- Units are not sealed and can be damaged if liquids are sprayed or poured directly onto any surface of the device or if the device is immersed in a liquid. Cleaning cloths and/or wipes should be wrung of excess liquid prior to using on device surfaces.
- Do not use any cleaning agents that are labelled as corrosive or abrasive to glass or plastic. This includes solvents, acids, ammonia, and any cleaning agents containing an abrasive.
- Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol should not be used at concentrations greater than 70%.
- Do not wipe or scrape any surface of the device with anything abrasive (i.e. steel wool, scrubbing sponges, razor blades).
Here are the steps for how to clean and/or disinfect your Mimo Monitors displays and tablets:
- If possible, power off the device.
- Use a clean, dry, non-abrasive cloth to gently remove any loose dirt or smudges.
- If further cleaning is required, use the clean, dry, non-abrasive cloth dampened with water or a commercially available pre-moistened wipe designed for cleaning electronics to clean stubborn dirt or smudges.
- If disinfection is required, use a second clean, dry, non-abrasive cloth dampened with a CDC recommended disinfecting solution (i.e. bleach solution) or a commercially available pre-moistened disinfecting wipe (i.e. Lysol wipe) to wipe off the device services. Allow the device to air dry. Note that contact time requirements can vary by disinfectant used. Please follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.